Sunday, May 26, 2013

23 May 2013 Letter



Yesterday I was instructed to write home sometime during my first day.  Its 12:15 pm and my first 24 hours will be up in 30 minutes, so I’m cutting it close.  It’s actually personal study time right not but I was to write home and I’m doing my very best to do exactly what I’m supposed to.  I already feel like a failure at being obedient because last night I didn’t get to sleep until 11:00 and this morning I woke up to the sound of my companion and roommates getting ready at 6:40. So, I have a lot of work to do because it was actually recommended to wake up at 5:45 a.m.

Anyways, my companions name is Elder McBeth.  He is just fantastic.  You would not believe how productive I have become.  Elder McBeth is sitting across the table from me in one of the study areas in my classroom building.  Just before we started to write I said Elder McBeth, as I looked at my watch, it’s only been 23 hours and look how much we have done.  Don’t worry mom, I took a picture with him.  Also I saw Matt Anderson and Sister Shaunessy (Kassy’s sister).  I also saw a kid from my ward at USU.

Anyways about the curb.  Before I even knew what I was doing they had me in a room putting a name tag on me.  It was my name, Christ’s name and the name of the Church on it.  So when I wear it I am responsible to make a good name of mine, act like Jesus would act and preach the gospel.  I miss everyone of you but I am moving so fast I don’t have time to be homesick.  I didn’t even unpack yet.  One more thing about being a good representative of Jesus Christ is being good, does not mean not being bad.  I have to stay busy and I am very busy.

Don’t be too sad about me being gone, its okay.  “I’ll be back” LOL.  But the amount of work I will get done in two years is more than you can believe.  My mind is going 1,000,000 x 1010 times as fast as my body and it’s frustrating at times.  That’s why my hand writing is so bad right now. 

 You know how we say God’s time isn’t the same as our time?  Well God gets the best of both worlds.  It seems short but the amount of work He gets done in that short amount of time is amazing.  And He is letting me experience this for the next two years and I am more excited now than I have ever been.  

I have an investigator and his name is Victor.  It’s for practice only so don’t go telling everyone, but it is real.  It’s amazing the inspiration and revelation I can receive.  It’s not that God is telling me everything but it’s more like he has opened my mind and I can see everything much better.  It’s almost like my eyesight is better as well.  I just understand things.  Well I have to go.  I love you all and pray for you.

Love, Elder Cottle the 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment